Wednesday 2 January 2013

Budgeting and freezer cooking

I've decided to hop back on the wagon this month for blogging and what better way to start off than with a post about budgeting and cooking from the freezer?

Today was a baking/cooking for the freezer day here. I have cooked the following for later eating:
15 cinnamon applesauce oatmeal muffins
9 buckwheat pancakes
12 hamburger/sandwich buns
12 small yorkshire puddings
Pizza dough - enough for 2 large or 3 medium sized pizzas

Tomorrow I will be making:
Homemade 'poptarts' - external link (US measurements)
Pasties (with whatever fillings I have on hand)
Biscuit/scone dough - external link (US measurements)

I had to stop baking today because I've ran out of flour! We are having a curry tonight (homemade) made with leftover pork roast. We are also having onion bahji's, naan bread, rice, and red lentils. I'm cheating and using a tikka masala sauce I bought while it was on sale for the curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment