Wednesday 1 August 2012

Alton Browns Pasta and Cheese

Makes 6-8 servings

1/2 pound (225g) pasta
4 tbsp  (57g) butter
2 eggs
6 oz (170 ml) evaporated milk (I didn't have evaporated milk, so I used coconut milk)
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp kosher salt (or sea salt flakes)
fresh black pepper
3/4 tsp dry mustard
10 oz (284g) sharp cheddar, shredded

In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Return to the pot and melt the butter. Toss to coat.

Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat, continue to stir for three minutes or until creamy.

Note: I really do not know how using the coconut milk will turn out. I'll update this recipe tomorrow on how it went!

Update: Jethro loved this recipe and said he couldn't tell that there was coconut milk in it. Me on the other hand, I ate one serving of it, but the coconut taste was too strong for me. Regular milk would probably have been better than the coconut milk, but you live and you learn.

Spirals and cheese, steamed mixed veggies and salmon patties
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment